My non linear narrative

Click here for my non linear narrative game. Enjoy!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Middle Provo

I fished the Middle Provo River yesterday for 2 hours.  I decided to fish right below the Jordenel dam.  The water that comes out of the dam is always at a consistent temperature.  This is perfect for a thriving bug habitat, thus making it a good place to fish.  The PMD nymphs are the most consistent bug in this area.  I thought about using some dry flys this day but since I know that trout eat 90% of their food under water I decided to nymph instead.  It has been getting really cold at night up there and the days not as warm so I knew that not too many bug hatches were going to be happening.  This also helped me make my decision to use a nymph rig.  I ended up catching 4 really nice brown trout; one was around 20 inches.  To catch fish your timing has to be right, just like DJing.  You need to be out on the river at the right time of day to catch the hatches or when the fish are the most active for that time of year.  When DJing you need to link your tracks so they drop at just the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment