My non linear narrative

Click here for my non linear narrative game. Enjoy!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Learning to master tracks

I have been taking a computer music class for my fine arts minor.  In the last 2 weeks I have been learning how to master my own tracks.  In the class we use Logic Pro.  With Logic I can master my tracks to add height, width and depth.  i especially like to add depth to my tracks.  One way I have learned to add depth is by inserting some reverb to some of my sounds.  By adding reverb it can make some of the sounds sound like they are farther away from a mic source.  Adding this reverb makes a track more unique than just all of the sounds coming from one point.  I also like adding some pans to mastered tracks.  Panning is making some instruments come out of the right or left speaker.  I prefer my bass to stay in both speakers and to have things like leads or fills come from either only the left or right speaker.  This adds width to a mastered track.  Using these settings can really make some great sounds.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment