My non linear narrative

Click here for my non linear narrative game. Enjoy!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Mind Cleanser

The other morning I spent 2 hours trying to solve a problem I was having with one of my music programs. I was ready to pull out my hair.  I decided to drop what I was doing and picked up my rod and went for a fish.  I fished the same area I was at the day before where I had little luck.  This day was different.  I matched the bug hatch perfectly and crushed fish for the next 2 hours.  It made me forget all about my computer problems.  When I made it back to my computer I did a little research and fixed the problem shortly.  I can honestly say that the trout saved me this day.

4 comments:

  1. I fished for the first time two summers ago. I'd always kind of dismissed it as I wasn't raised by people who fished and it had always seemed like a boring activity to me. I was surprised however at how much I enjoyed doing it. The stillness of what you're doing and the kinds of thoughts that leads to can be quite profound. I can totally see how fishing could turn around a problem you were trying to work out (especially a successful fishing trip).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computer Problems...we can all relate there. What you did was perfect for resolving any problem: Just walk away and forget about it, and if you can, do your favorite, most relaxing thing to do. Then once you get back, I would say 95% of the time, you'll keep your cool and solve your problem in a jiffy. I've never fly fished, but I enjoy fishing. It's not really a major hobby of mine, but it can certainly bring tranquility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, I can also relate to having computer problems, and one of the best things you can do is step back and not think about it for awhile. Then when you come back to it, it just seems to fit back together more easily, especially while programming. I used to go fishing with my grandpa down at Fish Lake every summer while growing up. It was a nice relaxing time that I enjoyed spending with my grandpa. I've never been fly fishing, but we did try trolling a couple of times and that was a nice mix up :) Since my grandpa has passed on, I haven't been fishing nearly as much but every now and again my friend and I will grab the old rods and head to one of the local fishing ponds just for a day out of the hustle and bustle.

    ReplyDelete